Sunday, July 02, 2006

What this is

As anybody reading this might guess from the title, this is a blog about films. Current releases. Old favorites. Trends. You name it. (Well, it's mostly that, but I figure the title gives me lattitude for the occasional political rant, too).

This is not a review site. You'll notice a lot of things that look like reviews here, but they're not. They're commentaries. A review is something written for potential viewers of a film - people who haven't seen it. A reviewer has an obligation not to spoil and key twists, because, hey, his readers haven't seen the films yet.

I'm going to spoil key twists. I'll try to warn you ... but this entry is a warning in and of itself. I'm going to talk about nuts-and-bolts stuff sometimes - the question is "does this film work?" but "why does this film work?" And you can't talk about that without talking about what it is which is working (or not).

Entires will be occasional. It's a blog. I'll write when I feel like it.

If you agree with what I'm saying, or, heck, even if you don't, feel free to chime in. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for me to find an audience.

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home